Domiciliary Equipment ServiceDomiciliary Equipment Service
- DHS Equipment Program
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Private Hire
To be eligible for DHS Equipment Program you must already be a registered client of Disability SA or Minda Inc.
Information on how to determine service eligibility is outlined in the documents below:
- Determining eligibility for equipment items (DOC 392.5 KB)
- Determining eligibility for home modification (DOC 401.5 KB)
- Completing eligibility assessment using screening tool (DOC 449.5 KB)
- Funding of additional features to equipment by client (DOC 393.0 KB)
- Funding of additional home modification features by client (DOC 341.0 KB)
Key Approval Criteria
You must meet key approval criteria to be eligible for equipment or home modifications through the DHS Equipment Program:
- Key Approval Criteria for Equipment (DOCX 142.0 KB)
- Key Approval Criteria for Home Modifications (DOC 145.0 KB)
Specific Eligibility Criteria and Screening Tools
Some items have specific eligibility criteria associated that must be met in addition to the Key Approval Criteria. For some of these items, a screening tool must be completed by your therapist. Use of the screening tool ensures all aspects of the eligibility criteria have been met.
For all relevant documents, proceed to the Specific Eligibility Criteria and Screening Tools on the eligibility document list.
All Category 2 requests must be submitted using a Delegate Approval Request Form (DOCX 115.1 KB) with any supporting documents.