Transferring Ownership of Assistive Technology
Ownership of most equipment supplied to clients via the DCSI Equipment Program is retained by DCSI, with DES tracking these items and managing any repairs and collections needed.
Some smaller equipment items and all home modifications are considered to be consumable and become the responsibility of the person to care for and maintain once supplied.
People moving to / from interstate can apply to have the ownership of the items transferred to the respective state funding program, as outlined in the documents below:
- Transferring ownership of equipment items from DCSI (DOC 361.5 KB)
- Transferring ownership of equipment items to DCSI (DOC 475.0 KB)
- Transferring ownership of equipment items from DCSI Terms and Conditions (DOC 152.0 KB)
- Transferring ownership of equipment items to DCSI Terms and Conditions (DOC 145.5 KB)
- Travelling or moving interstate, Access to equipment and services (DOC 151.0 KB)
When equipment and home modifications are supplied to a person, there are Terms and Conditions associated with the provision of these items.