Ordering Assistive Technology
Details of the requirements of the equipment or home modification need to be recorded on a prescription form.
- Equipment Prescription Form Equipment Program (DOC 188.0 KB)
- Prescription Agreement Form (DOC 153.0 KB)
- Home Modifications Prescription Agreement Form Equipment Program (DOC 207.5 KB)
All Category 2 items must have a priority score form completed.
- Risk rating and priority scoring form (DOC 153.5 KB)
- Priority scoring communication and assistive technology (DOC 161.0 KB)
An additional specification form may be needed if measurements or adjustments to the item need to be detailed. Any item customised equipment item must also have a Prescription Agreement Form completed with the client.
Supporting Documents and Procedures
- Completing online prescriptions (DOC 361.0 KB)
- How do I create a new account for ordering equipment and aids via the online DES Equipment Catalogue? (DOC 115.0 KB)
- Completing paper prescriptions (DOC 371.0 KB)
- Completing paper prescriptions - external prescribers (DOC 423.5 KB)
- How to complete a prescription form (DOC 945.0 KB)
- How do you complete a prescription agreement form (DOC 123.5 KB)
- Modifying equipment (DOC 406.0 KB)
- Modifying equipment example list (DOCX 93.1 KB)
Repairs for highly-customised equipment will usually occur in a workshop but due to the nature of this equipment, it may not be possible to organise an interim loan. Therefore, for highly customised equipment, please ensure you plan with your client a contingency in the event the item requires repairs away from the home for a period of time.
- How do I complete a repair contingency plan for client equipment (DOC 116.0 KB)
- Repair contingency plan highly customised equipment (DOC 153.0 KB)
Please ensure that individuals and their carers read the following document prior to planning and commencing major home modifications:
Once eligibility has been determined, the most suitable item(s) and any relevant specifications selected, and approvals gained, equipment and home modifications for the DCSI Equipment Program are ordered through DES.
Further information can be found on the Assistive Technology Services - Ordering page.