To be eligible for DCSI Equipment Program services, the person must be permanently residing in South Australia and eligible for services through Disability Services, Domiciliary Care, Novita Children's Services (Novita) or Minda Inc.
Further service eligibility information can be found in the following documents:
- DCSI Strategic Policy on Equipment (DOCX 226.4 KB)
- DCSI Strategic Policy on Equipment (PDF 410.3 KB)
- Equipment Services Operational Policy (DOC 160.5 KB)
- DCSI Operational Policy on Home Modifications (DOC 184.5 KB)
Information on how to determine eligibility is outlined in the documents below:
- Determining eligibility for equipment items (DOC 392.5 KB)
- Determining eligibility for home modification (DOC 401.5 KB)
- Completing eligibility assessment using screening tool (DOC 449.5 KB)
- Funding of additional features to equipment by client (DOC 393.0 KB)
- Funding of additional home modification features by client (DOC 341.0 KB)
Key Approval Criteria
These are key criteria for equipment and home modifications a person must meet in order to be eligible for any item through the DCSI Equipment Program.
- Key Approval Criteria for Equipment (DOC 154.0 KB)
- Key Approval Criteria for Home Modifications (DOC 145.0 KB)
Specific Eligibility Criteria and Screening Tools
Some items have specific eligibility criteria associated that must be met in addition to the Key Approval Criteria for a person to be eligible. For some of these items. a screening tool must be completed. Use of the screening tool ensures all aspects of the eligibility criteria have been met.
For all relevant documents, proceed to the Specific Eligibility Criteria and Screening Tools on the eligibility document list.