Contracted Supply Items
DES has undertaken a series of procurement projects with stakeholders which have resulted in two supply panels covering all types of wheelchairs as well as a range of commonly supplied items. The selected items have undergone a rigorous evaluation process and should be ordered where available. Availability of these items may vary, resulting in the provision of a suitable substitute for that product, based on what is available in the DES Warehouse.
Where required to meet specific clinical needs, DES will purchase items off the supply panels with the appropriate approvals.
- Contracted Warehouse Equipment Range (DOCX 966.9 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart MWC Type 1 Basic (PDF 83.8 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart MWC Type 2 Customised Folding (PDF 95.8 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart MWC Type 3 Rigid (PDF 73.8 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart MWC Type 4 TIS (PDF 111.9 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart PWC MWD (PDF 183.7 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart PWC RWD (PDF 371.0 KB)
- Wheelchair comparison chart Scooters (PDF 181.6 KB)
Purchasing outside of the contracted range
It is intended that the equipment available through the contracted model is used as the first preference when selecting equipment. However, it is recognised that there may be times where these items do not meet an individual's needs. In these circumstances, items outside of the contracted range can be purchased.
Any purchases outside of the contracted range are reported, and information collected so as to understand how the range can be improved in the future. Seated mobility items (wheelchairs and scooters) must be recorded on a form by the prescribing therapist, and further delegate approval gained for Equipment Program purchases.